The current account is considered the best bank account that is used by businesses to manage the number of transactions. There are no limits on the number of deposits, withdrawals, and transactions in a day.
In this article, you get the complete information about your current account that you should know to open it.
What is the current account?
A current account is a type of business bank account that handle the number of deposits or withdrawals. Many banks provide different type of current account that has different features so that you can find the specific type of current account according to your needs.
Once you open your current account, you can get the 8-digit unique account number, debit card, 6 digit sort code that helps you to access the funds kept in the account.
Purpose of current account
Digital Current accounts are used for the daily actions of the business. This includes mobile phone bills, paying direct debts, making rent payments and utility bills, making cash deposits, and paying for your purchases.
Many people who are doing a job get their wages in their current account. They also get the option to transfer the money from a savings account to a current account.
Benefits of current account
A current account permits you to easily manage your finances. With your current account, you can get access to mobile and online banking facilities, and this makes it easy for you to determine what comes in and what comes out of your account.
You can make payments with your family and friends, move money from one account to the current account, and handle the money easily with this. In short, the current account gives you a convenient way to check the balance kept in your account.
Is any need to pay for the current account
Whether or not you pay for a current account, are depends on the type of current account you choose.
- The basics bank account does not charge anything from you
- Such accounts are suitable for people of age 16 or more or those who have low or no credit ratings.
- You can easily use mobile or online banking facilities with your basic bank account.
- In a basic bank account, the standard current account is an account that does not charge you if you have a good credit score.
- On the other hand, the package current account comes with monthly fees and brings advanced benefits to you.
Who is eligible to open a current account?
- To open the current account, you should be at the age of 18 years or more.
- You should have your address or identity proof.
- Must keep your credit score good to become eligible for a current account.
Applying for a current account online is easy but ensure to know which type of current account best fits your business. It is suggested to check the fees associated with the current account that you want to open.